I’ve been wanting to user Chrome more and more lately but one thing standing in my way was F5 to reload a tab. I know on a Mac it’s just Cmd+R but my muscle memory refuses to accept this. Luckily there’s a simple fix – let OSX interpret for you.
- Open the keyboard settings window. To do this either type ‘Keyboard‘ into Spotlight (the magnifying glass at the top right of the screen) or open the Apple menu and press System Preferences -> Keyboard.
- Click on the Keyboard Shortcuts tab.
- Click on Application Shortcuts in the left pane.
- Click on the plus (+) at the bottom and enter the following:
Application: Google Chrome.app Menu Title: Reload This Page Keyboard Shortcut: press F5 on your keyboard
- Click add and close the settings window, you’re finished, time to test!